Out of my Blogroll; Bryan, Tom, Podz, Craig, and Matt (obviously) have all upgraded to WordPress v1.5.1, but none of them are reporting any problems. I, on the other hand ran into a nasty bug where I could not send or receive pingbacks or trackbacks. I think I found a very odd fix, and I think it works. There is also a rather widespread bug with feeds after upgrading. Hopefully there will be some quick fixes, or a WordPress v1.5.2 on the way sooner than later.
Update: WordPress v22.214.171.124 has been released. This is a recommended update for all users.
Update: The feeds bug has been resolved by revision 2600 of wp-blog-header.php.
Update: The ping-o-matic issue was resolved on ping-o-matic’s end. You may return to using your normal (un-edited) functions.php file.
Update: More info on the pingback and trackback problems.
Goodness, this is very confusing. This issue may be too widespread to test. Here’s what I know:
1. I am able to send and receive pingbacks between my own blogs.
2. I cannot send or receive trackbacks and pingbacks to or from Podz’ test blog.
3. In this post, I sent pingbacks to all of the v1.5.1 users that I know: Bryan, Tom, Podz, Craig, and Matt. Only Craig received my pingback.
4. Moshu sent a pingback to one of my recent posts. But, I never received it.
5. I received a test trackback and pingback from Matt.
6. My v1.5.0 test blog is working perfectly, as did all of my blogs before upgrading to v1.5.1.
7. I successfully sent a pingback to both Matt and Craig (sorry guys).
8. I received two trackbacks while I was away.
9. I sent a trackback to Podz’ test site, requested a trackback from Podz’ test site, sent a pingback to Podz’ test site, and requested a pingback from Podz’ test site. All instances failed.
10. I sent a trackback to Owen’s test site (Pingomation), requested a trackback from Owen’s test site, and requested a pingback from Owen’s test site. I successfully received the requested trackback, the requested pingback was denied access by my server configuration (I believe this is an issue with the ping being sent by an open proxy since most other test pingbacks are arriving safely), but my sent trackback never arrived as planned.
11. This post was published on May 10th. Bryan did not receive the pingback that was sent by this post until May 14th.
I’ve moved hosts for the last time and have applied last night’s changes (from May 13th). I think my trackbacks and pingbacks are working as correctly as possible. Time will tell.